Mission and Aims
The mission of the SRNT Europe (SRNT-E) is to stimulate the generation of new knowledge concerning nicotine and tobacco at any level of research, from molecular to societal. Our aims are to:
- organise scientific meetings and publications fostering the exchange of research information on nicotine and tobacco.
- encourage scientific research on all aspects of nicotine/tobacco related research: pre-clinical, clinical, epidemiological and on the level of tobacco control for the prevention and treatment of tobacco use and dependence.
- educate and train researchers and clinicians to be able to conduct such research and apply its results.
- provide a framework by which legislative, governmental, regulatory and other public agencies can obtain expert advice and consultation on nicotine and tobacco.
Follow the activities of SRNT Europe on Facebook. Our Twitter feed will be live soon.
Abstracts of past SRNT Europe conferences
- 2014 Santiago de Compostella, Spain
- 2013 Boston, USA (joint conference with SRNT)
- 2012 Helsinki, Finland
- 2011 Antalaya, Turkey
- 2010 Bath, United Kingdom
- 2009 Dublin, Ireland (joint conference with SRNT)
- 2008 Rome, Italy
- 2007 Madrid, Spain
- 2006 Kusadasi, Turkey
- 2005 Prague, Czech Republic (joint conference with SRNT)
- 2004 Tüblingen, Germany